On Tue, Nov 04, 2003 at 04:39:28PM -0600, Nate Carlson wrote:

> lets me configure it *properly* on my own, without mucking around. then
> again, i may be "old school" - newbies probably don't want to do that.
> (but nobody ever said debian was a distro for newbies.. well, at least i
> certainly didn't.)

I'm entirely too busy/lazy to bother. If I drop some random network card
into a system I'd be much happier to let kudzu (or a similar tool) check
the PCI ID and at least tell me the appropriate driver, rather than digging
around google searching for pci id's, random chip numbers, or whatever
the company rebadged it as.

This is what I meant by being macho, let the system do some of the work =)