On Monday 10 March 2003 09:17 pm, Justin Haaheim wrote:
> I'm doing this as much more of a heuristic venture than anything
> practical.  I'd like to know more about linux, and it seems like an
> interesting project.  Also, Knoppix is pretty complicated (using
> compression and such); more than I'd be able to delve into without some
> serious mentorship.
	In that case, I would suggest that you start with Linux From Scratch
(http://linuxfromscratch.org). It won't guide you through the steps to
creating a bootable CD, but you WILL learn a lot more about Linux that way.
Once you've done that, then you can start in on cloop (compression) and all
that.
	:Peter

--
Oh what a tangled web they weave who try a new word to conceive!