Hello,

Was wondering if anyone could answer a question that I have had for some time now.

In redhat your run level appropriate start scripts
(rc.0, rc.1,rc.3,etc) are located in /etc/rc.d/rc.x, where x is your run-level. On my fairly bare-bone redhat installation, there are only about 18 start scripts in rc.3, but i am sure there are other daemons/services running, than are listed in this directory. I have checked my rc.local but are there other places i can check and if necessary stop certain daemons/services i don't want/need running?

One more ?, looking in my /etc/services, almost nothign is pounded out, but yet telnet for example doesn't answer, where ultimately are these services turned on/off?

TIA
Mikey

PS- I already used the "ntsysv" script to stop unecessary daemons from there.