On Wednesday 25 June 2003 9:32 pm, Florin Iucha wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 25, 2003 at 09:20:59PM -0500, Matthew S. Hallacy wrote:
> > On Wed, Jun 25, 2003 at 10:02:03PM -0400, DonaldKGeorgi at aol.com wrote:
> > > Hello All,
> > > To make a long story short, I am going to try again, with Red Hat 8.0,
> > > this
> >
> > Might I suggest RedHat 9? It has better hardware detection support.
>
> Although my personal experience with SuSe has been not so great, a
> friend of mine told me that SuSe $LATEST has much better hardware
> detection and overall look and feel than RedHat9. You might want to
> give it a try, if you want to start fresh.
>
> Cheers,
> florin

As the local SuSE bigot I'll second that suggestion ;-)

To be honest I've never had SuSE NOT find a piece of hardware on my systems.
This includes a couple of laptops (CTX, Fujitsu, and IBM) and several
desktop/server configurations (several of these Dell products).

I'll also echo the suggestion about the installfest. If you choose to try SuSE
I'm usually there, and I should even make this one. (Tuesday is the one
afternoon/evening I don't have anything scheduled this quarter.) So look for
me or ask for "the SuSE guy" and most people will point you to me.

At the risk of being flamed I'll also put in a plug for TCPC's Linux on
Saturday session where many of the members are in the position you are in.
Email me off list for more information.

--
Jack Ungerleider
jack at jacku.com