> From: "David Phillips" <david at acz.org>
> Chris Schumann writes:
> > The client expects to have a total of less than ten clients.
>
> What specific needs do they have that require Outlook?  We use Exchange at
> work for a company not much larger than that.  Personally, I use POP3 to
> check my mail, but everyone else seems to like Outlook.  It seems that
> people like it for three main reasons:
>
> 1) Server side mail storage
> 2) Shared address book
> 3) Calendar functions

The points I listed earlier in this thread:
- Collaborative calendaring from anywhere
- Shared contacts
- Sync schedule and contacts to PDA
- Windows client

I'd now add server storage of e-mail and another big item: low maintenance
costs. They know they will have to pay for something. Either they pay
someone to host some service and manage it, or they pay to have a server and
someone to manage it.

With ten clients, it's not something that's going to be cost-effective for
me to set up (Exchange, Kolab, or otherwise) or manage, and I don't think I
want to get into that business, especially considering the link below offers
it for $15.95 for one user per month.

> http://www.intermedia.net/hosting/exchange/

They look like a top-notch company and have prices right there. Impressive.
Two local companies that offer the service (also discussed earlier in the
thread) are USInternet and Agiliti.

Thanks for the info, though,
Chris