Chris Schumann writes:
> The client expects to have a total of less than ten clients.

What specific needs do they have that require Outlook?  We use Exchange at
work for a company not much larger than that.  Personally, I use POP3 to
check my mail, but everyone else seems to like Outlook.  It seems that
people like it for three main reasons:

1) Server side mail storage
2) Shared address book
3) Calendar functions

Service side mail can be handled with IMAP.  qmail and Courier IMAP work
very well together.

Shared address book can be accomplished through a variety of methods.  LDAP
is a widely supported method that works with Microsoft clients and some open
source including Mozilla Mail.

Calendar and other groupware functions are more difficult to handle, but
shouldn't necessarily be part of the email client.  Some good web based
software such as phpGroupWare might work just as well.

On the flip side, I did some searching, but apparently very few companies do
Exchange hosting.  Here is one company that I did find:

http://www.intermedia.net/hosting/exchange/

Microsoft also has a list of Gold Certified Partners for Hosted Exchange:

http://www.microsoft.com/serviceproviders/certification/hostedexchange.asp

--
David Phillips <david at acz.org>
http://david.acz.org/