Hello.
I'm running a SuSE 8.1 box w/AMD Duron processor. I have zip 100 parallel port
drive attached and running with disk inside. I've run modprobe imm, and
modprobe vfat, and added the following to /etc/fstab:
/dev/sda4 		/mnt/zip100.0		vfat		noauto,user,	0 0

I then typed
 mount /dev/sda4 /mnt/zip100.0

I get error message,
No medium found.

I've typed mount /mnt/zip100.0; I get the same message.

I checked my system settings, and note that the zip drive is listed as a SCSI
device. I don't know if I need to change this, or how to change it if I do. I
do have an icon that I didn't have before I tried to set things up, and it is
called /mnt/zip100.0, but when I click on it to mount it I get the same error
message, No medium found.

I went to Iomega.com and downloaded some Linux driver software and untarred
it, but it doesn't seem to be working at all. What am I not doing correctly?

I have gotten replies from some members about ppa.o kernel module, but when I
tried modprobe ppa, I got a really bizarre error message. Another source said
that this is because ppa/ppa.o is an outdated module and my version of Linux
doesn't use this module, nor was it necessary to get the zip drive to work.
Please help.

One more thing, I have a CD-RW drive, which works under windows to read and
burn disks, but none of the SuSE utilities works for burning; I can only play
music CDs and read stuff of the Linux disks. What's up with that?

Marc