On Sat, 7 Jun 2003 12:31:03 -0500
Marc Olivier <mcolivier at earthlink.net> wrote:

> Hello.
> I'm running a SuSE 8.1 box w/AMD Duron processor. I have zip 100
> parallel port drive attached and running with disk inside. I've run
> modprobe imm, and modprobe vfat, and added the following to
> /etc/fstab:/dev/sda4 		/mnt/zip100.0		vfat		noauto,user,	0 0
>
> I then typed
>  mount /dev/sda4 /mnt/zip100.0
>
> I get error message,
> No medium found.
>
> I've typed mount /mnt/zip100.0; I get the same message.

I can't recall exactly, but I think there's something to do with initializing or unlocking the Zip disks.  It's been so long since I played with any new disks that I don't recall.

Don't remember if you said you referenced this, or not.  But worth reading over again:
http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/mini/ZIP-Drive.html

> One more thing, I have a CD-RW drive, which works under windows to
> read and burn disks, but none of the SuSE utilities works for burning;
> I can only play music CDs and read stuff of the Linux disks. What's up
> with that?

I just went through this over the past couple of days.  Best place is to start here:

http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/CD-Writing-HOWTO.html

Make sure that you have all of the CD writing packages installed.  Typically, it's mkisofs and cdrecord.  Follow through the steps in the How-To is the best thing I can say.  Look at Xcdroast as well.  It's a GUI utility for making cd's.

--
Shawn

The difficult we do today; the impossible take a little longer.