On Sat, Jul 19, 2003 at 11:40:17AM -0500, Ryan Oertel wrote:
> Has anybody on this list installed WinTV or Freevo? Did it work well?
> What hardware did you use? Which distribution?

Freevo is comparable to a VCR, while MythTV is your modified tivo with all
the nifty features.

MythTV has binaries for Debian and RedHat, and it's fairly painless to
setup/configure. A 200MHz processor is not sufficient, luckily "low end"
PII/PIII's are cheap, and you should be able to just swap it in.

You'll also need more ram, luckily, it is also very cheap.