Thanks once again for your help Karl!

I did what you suggested - make mrproper, make oldconfig, make dep - now
I can build and install streams without error. I still have problems
starting it however. This is funny...

# insmod streams
Using /lib/modules/2.4.20-18.7/misc/streams.o
/lib/modules/2.4.20-18.7/misc/streams.o: kernel-module version mismatch
        /lib/modules/2.4.20-18.7/misc/streams.o was compiled for kernel
version 2.4.20-18.7custom
        while this kernel is version 2.4.20-18.7.

I don't totally understand this because we did not rebuild the actual
kernel did we? Only the dependencies right? So did make assume we were
going to also be building and running a custom kernel?

I should probably remove and reinstall the kernel source rpm and start
over to compile streams for the "non-custom" kernel. Does this sound
like a reasonable plan?

- Tom

--
Tom Penney <blots at visi.com>