I had 2 installs from Qwest with that router.  Each plugged into a
Linux box (Smoothwall - no flames please).  Qwest walked me through
setting up the router so that it passed a real IP address to my linux
box.  I used 1 of the 4 ports on the router to plug into my Linux box
with ethernet, and I never used the USB.