Are you trolling?. You should be trying to look up this stuff before
asking the group. Here are some good resources.

http://google.com
http://dictionary.com
http://wombat.doc.ic.ac.uk/foldoc/

On Sat, 2003-07-05 at 11:02, STEVEWABC at netscape.net wrote:

> 1. I see its telling me I need a DNS host name How do I get this? Is
> it tme now to set this up?

You should just use your IP address as it says.

If you want your own domain name you have to get one from a registrar.
You can get one here.

http://www.networksolutions.com

Heres a list of companies where you can purchase a domain name.
http://www.internic.net/regist.html

once you have a domain name you need to have someone host your DNS.

> 2. Once I have a new DNS host name then I would change the following
> from  #ServerName new.host.name to ServerName steven.what Every DNS
> Gives.net:80?
>    ( this may help? when pullin up the Webmin page I used
> https://steven:10000  so the host name is steven right?

No. Steven might be your host name but it is not a DNS host name. a DNS
host name would be something like steven.stevensdomain.com or
www.stevensdomain.com

> and so you no my IP  Address is 192.168.0.2)

If your address is 192.168.0.2 then you still have to set up your
router. What model NetGear router do you have?

> 3. I just was hit with this YOU MUST have a ststic ip address for
> others to view your webpage my ? is WHATS THIS lolol

You don't have one. Do You know what an IP address is? Static means It
does not change.

> I think thats good for now lets get though the https first...

You only need to change the lines that Garret told you to change.

--
Tom Penney <blots at visi.com>   <- Troll bait?