On Sat, 05 Jul 2003 12:02:06 -0400
STEVEWABC at netscape.net wrote:

> 1. I see its telling me I need a DNS host name How do I get this? Is
> it tme now to set this up?
>
> 2. Once I have a new DNS host name then I would change the following
> from  #ServerName new.host.name to ServerName steven.what Every DNS
> Gives.net:80?
>    ( this may help? when pullin up the Webmin page I used
>    https://steven:10000  so the host name is steven right? and so you
>    no my IP  Address is 192.168.0.2)
> 3. I just was hit with this YOU MUST have a ststic ip address for
> others to view your webpage my ? is WHATS THIS lolol

Technically, no you don't need a static IP address.  Try changing your IP address entries to an * and you could do.  I've run websites off DHCP internally before and it works, but it makes life easier to use static IP's.

If it's an external website you want to do, and you have DHCP, I'd recommend using dyndns.org or something similar.

--
Shawn

The difficult we do today; the impossible take a little longer.