Hi, I am a software developer that does development on both Windows and
UNIX.

1) I would like to see a decent command line set of tools; something
approximating Cygwin.  The DOS command interpreter leaves a lot to be
desired.  I am happy with Windows 2000 only if Cygwin is installed on it.

2) I know this is not practical, but I would like Microsoft to cease using
backslash as the path delimiter and use the forward slash instead.

3) This is slightly more practical.  I would like to see the text file line
delimiter changed from \r\n (carriage return, line feed) to just simply \n
(line feed).

4) I would like to see a better backup utility.  The one that comes with
Windows 2000 is really bad.  I have not checked out the one on XP.

5) I would like to be able to login as a non-administrator and still have
things actually work.  Too many things I use as a software developer require
admin privaleges.  I don't have this problem on UNIX.  I understand some of
this may have been fixed in XP.

6) I would like Microsoft to release all their source code.  Heh.

Mike Bresnahan