Sk3tch writes:
> Using your logic, we all shouldn't use OpenSSH since it has had a
> remote root exploit in the past...

That's correct.  But, unfortunately, there is no good alternative to
OpenSSH.  If there was, I would almost certainly be using it.

> Use what you like, secure it properly, and keep it updated.

No, use the best tool available for the job.  You can use software that is
poorly designed and implemented, which has had security holes in the past
and is likely to have them in the future.  Or you can use software that is
designed and implemented with security in mind.

--
David Phillips <david at acz.org>
http://david.acz.org/