I have a box that's a project for me, a Sparc S2.  I need to know (from
someone who knows) what to do next.

Several Questions
I'm going to need to get (can't remember what it's called) ethernet
connector 15 pin to 10bt.
    *I have that covered*
I put a SCSI disk in it, it powers up.
The SCSI cable I used is terminated, do I need to use a non-terminated
cable (I have one I just need to know)?  Someone told me not to
terminate it on a cable. Coming from the Compaq world we sometimes did
and some times didn't.

I'm going to go with Debian (stop jumping up and down) because I've
installed it on laptops using the diskettes, all I have is a diskette
drive.
     * I have an internal CD ROM that I could fudge to get Linux
installed I guess, ?hmmmm? *

What I need to do is use a serial cable to get a terminal session going.
Now that's the sticky part for me. It's been 15 years sense I plugged a
serial cable in to an NCR Tower and connected a terminal and they only
had a tape drives in them.  I have several 25 pin serial cables, some 9
pin cables and gender changers, any advice?
I don't have a Sun keyboard or mouse for that matter.

I'm not sure if I can go from my Red Hat 8 laptop (9 pin serial)  using
a Shell as a terminal session or if I'm  going to need a terminal
application of some kind to make this work?
I'd really rather not use a MS box to use Hyperterm for this,  sort of
feels wrong to do that.

Sam.