"Brent Friedman" <bfriedman at exstream.com> writes:

> I was wondering if anyone on the list is using (or has used) paypal
> to accept online payments.
>
> I don't want to get a merchant account for visa/mc (really low
> volume expected), so I was thinking of using paypal.  I have heard
> some bad stuff about paypal, but haven't used it myself.  [The use
> is just to sell tshirts on a site I run for a friend, no big
> ecommerce stuff.}

I've used paypal, both directions, for some time.  Earlier this year I
was forced to upgrade to a paypal commercial account for one very
small business I'm running, which was annoying.

I've found them to be very good.  Nothing has ever gone wrong (gone
wrong, gone wrong, ...).

I think what gets people so annoyed is that they do sometimes seem to
pretend that you can pay *anybody* that way, and then send the anybody
email saying "there's money here waiting if you open an account".
That seems to annoy people for some reason :-).
--
David Dyer-Bennet, <dd-b at dd-b.net>, <www.dd-b.net/dd-b/>
Photos: <dd-b.lighthunters.net>  Snapshots: <www.dd-b.net/dd-b/SnapshotAlbum/>