>From my shopping experience, if you get only a single static IP, the IP
belongs to the dsl router.  This can still be useful if you do port
forwarding with the dsl router and forward the ports to a machine
internally.  This feature may or may not be supported by your current dsl
router.

If you want a single usable static IP for a computer on the LAN side of
the router, I think you might have to get a block of 8 IPs (5 are usable).
 I'm not a Cisco wizard, so if I'm wrong here, my feelings won't be hurt
if somebody corrects me.

I'm just tryin' to share some knows in hopes that somebody will gimme an
answer to my "sendmail time warp" thread.

Mark Courtney

http://www.MarkCourtney.com

     __
   +|oo|+