Hi List,

I have been using Covad DSL very happily for a year and
a half at 1.5mb/128kb for $50/mo. I would like to get a
static IP address for a few reasons, so I looked at their
upgrade options. I can get 1.5mb/256mb and 1 static IP
for $70/mo, but I have been told I have to use their NAT
(on the DSL router). This is NOT what I want. For $80/mo
I can get the same bandwidth and 5 static IPs and not
have to use their NAT. That and they say I have to cancel
my current DSL, and when it is "totally cancelled" they can
order the new service (which I interpret as "there will be
a delay between the end and start of the services, and
we don't know how long that will be").

Now, that may be true, but it make me want to look for
other options. I looked at speakeasy.net, and they look
nice, but I wanted to ask here first:

Is there anybody using a DSL service with a static IP at
around this price range and do you like it?

Thanks,

Troy