No we didn't.  But at the risk of starting a flamewar, I'd like to point
out that the number of accident-related fatalities in Minnesota hasn't
changed significantly in the last 20 years (since the advent of things
like (picture Chris Farley here...) "seatbelt laws", and "crumple zones"
and "a .06 legal limit").  It has changed, but not a big (forgive the
pun) dent, like you would expect based on all of the safety requirements
and advances that have supposedly happened.

(Okay, don't get all mad here, I'm going on a rant, and lots of this is
tongue-in-cheek)

Sure, at 60mph head-on I wouldn't *mind* having a crumple zone and some
airbags, but an injury accident is a game of mass, and the guy driving
the '03 Civic with all of his sissy space-aged safety widgets, NASA
plastic body, a 6" tailpipe, and a 400hp stereo in a 150hp car, is
probably going to be much worse off than I would have been in my
Exxon-Valdez (the Shaggin' Wagon's other name, it was a tanker, and it
leaked oil).

Carl knows what I'm talking about - he had that pimpin' 80's Caddy.  I
got comments from the guys at the Meth lab across the street for days
after he stopped by in that beast.  All the ladies want him, and all the
crank addicts want to *be* him!

Hell, the wagon HAD crumple zones...someone ran a red and drove into the
rear quarter-panel (behind the rear tire), dented it in.  Did I have to
fly some Japanese guy to America with special tools and paint to fix it
up?  No!  We took an 8-pound sledge and pounded that dent out.  That
rat-bastard fled the scene too.