On Tue, 2 Dec 2003, Adam Maloney wrote:

> I don't remember any of the numbers, but the Caddy driver ended up
> calling the ambulance/coroner for the VW driver, who would have been
> catapulted 60+ feet through the windshield (assuming no seatbelt, no
> windshield).  Made me feel a lot better about driving my (solid-frame,
> all-steel, full-sized, '89 Crown Vic) Shaggin' Wagon.

yeah, but you would also have the meanest case of whiplash(sp?) in the
world.

most people assume that cars are not build like they used to because cars
nowadays crumple when hit. It is true that they are not built like they
used to, they are in fact designed to crumple. think of the part that
crumples as the foam that protects the harddrive when the UPS guy is
chugging it into the back of his truck!

bet you did not take that into account as you were making the
calculations

--
Munir Nassar
RedConcepts.NET