On Tue, 2 Dec 2003, Adam Maloney wrote:

> No we didn't.  But at the risk of starting a flamewar, I'd like to point
> out that the number of accident-related fatalities in Minnesota hasn't
> changed significantly in the last 20 years

number or percentages? if the number stayed the same the percentages are
going down,

and if percentages are the same then it is still a "plus" considering the
additional number of people who are now on the roads and that these roads
were not designed with this number of cars in mind.

> (Okay, don't get all mad here, I'm going on a rant, and lots of this is
> tongue-in-cheek)

mad? this is all for fun, no?

> Sure, at 60mph head-on I wouldn't *mind* having a crumple zone and some
> airbags, but an injury accident is a game of mass, and the guy driving
> the '03 Civic with all of his sissy space-aged safety widgets, NASA
> plastic body, a 6" tailpipe, and a 400hp stereo in a 150hp car, is
> probably going to be much worse off than I would have been in my
> Exxon-Valdez (the Shaggin' Wagon's other name, it was a tanker, and it
> leaked oil).

at least the civic got the best milage getting to the crash  :)

--
Munir Nassar
RedConcepts.NET