Gerald Skerbitz wrote:

>I can't get to the freenet from my comcast cablemodem connection.
>
>Can't pop, can't telnet, can't ssh, can't IMAP.  Just can't get there from
>here. I am currently connected from my work network which works fine.
>
>I've attached my notes with traceroutes and stuff.  I tried it with all my
>firewalling rules off. No go.  I ssh'ed to another site and it worked
>fine.
>
>How can I find out what's broken?
>
>Oh. I THINK it stopped working yesterday afternoon when my cablemodem
>lights abruptly went out and I lost connection for a minute or so.  My
>fetchmail logs show failures after 1:40 or so.
>

>Thanks,
>Gerry
>
>However, tracerouting back from the freenet to my comcast address just
>gives me stars.  No response.
>
>Help!!!

*23rd August, 2003 - Next Gen routing now in experimental branch*

The most fundamental improvement to Freenet's core algorithm, "Next
Generation Routing", is now in the experimental branch of CVS. NGrouting
holds the promise of making Freenet much faster than it is today, while
improving virtually all aspects of Freenet's performance. To learn more
about NGrouting see here
<http://freenet.sourceforge.net/index.php?page=ngrouting>, if you would
like to try it out see here
<http://freenet.sourceforge.net/index.php?page=tryng>.