when last we saw our hero (Sunday, Aug 24, 2003),
 Sam MacDonald was madly tapping out:
> Gerald Skerbitz wrote:
>
> >I can't get to the freenet from my comcast cablemodem connection.
> >
> >Can't pop, can't telnet, can't ssh, can't IMAP.  Just can't get
> >there from here. I am currently connected from my work network
> >which works fine.
> >
> >I've attached my notes with traceroutes and stuff.  I tried it with
> >all my firewalling rules off. No go.  I ssh'ed to another site and
> >it worked fine.
> >
> >How can I find out what's broken?
> >
> >Oh. I THINK it stopped working yesterday afternoon when my
> >cablemodem lights abruptly went out and I lost connection for a
> >minute or so.  My fetchmail logs show failures after 1:40 or so.
> >

> >Thanks, Gerry
> >
> >However, tracerouting back from the freenet to my comcast address
> >just gives me stars.  No response.
> >
> >Help!!!

i think that he's actually referring to the routing to/from the twin
cities freenet [1].  which is actually in the visi netblock,
209.98.0.0/16.  the new routing algorithm inside freenet[2] project is
neat too though. ;-)

{snipped - misc freenet, the p2p app, info }

references
[1] http://www.tcfreenet.org
[2] http://freenet.sf.net

steve ulrich                       sulrich at botwerks.org
PGP: 8D0B 0EE9 E700 A6CF ABA7  AE5F 4FD4 07C9 133B FAFC