On Wed, 20 Aug 2003 17:31:09 -0500, Tom Penney <blots at visi.com> wrote:

> On Wed, 2003-08-20 at 15:52, Johnny Fulcrum wrote:
>
>> In the future I will try to keep my ugly UNIX hacks off this beauty of a
>> Linux group.
>>
>> My apologies.
>>
>> Uglyhack Fulcrum.....
>
> I kind of like your hack. What if you don't know the name of the command
> but know it contains ssh.
> ps -ef |grep -v grep|grep ssh   - Works
> ps -C ssh   - Does Not

Thanks for your kind words... I know that the grep -v "hack" works on :

solaris
"linux"
AIX
HPUX
and God forbid if you ever have to use:  Dinix (ok toatal pot shot
there....)

I guess I'm always going to the lowset common demonitator....  God I wish I
could scripte everything
in the bash shell calling "linux" (GNU) commands, but the stuff I usally
have to write has to work on ALL
*nix platforms

Just trying to help..... I think  (?)

> Can't we all just get along?

Yes we can - I overreacted - sorry to all... bad day due to a F8ed up
tivoli install - GOSH DARNIT why would anyone want to use Tivoli?????
(retorical...)