On 20 Aug 2003 21:09:44 -0500
Tom Penney <blots at visi.com> wrote:

> Because someone mentioned "ps -ef|grep ssh" also lists the process for
> "grep ssh". The question was How do I see if sshd is running?

I know what the original question was, hence my stating just using a ps -ef|grep ssh.  In it's basic form, that will in fact show if sshd is running.

As to the part of using grep -v, I did touch on that as well.

But, for a newbie to Linux, best to stick with the basics until they are more comfortable with commands.

But, hey what do I know?

--
Shawn

  The difficult we do today; the impossible take a little longer.

  Ne Obliviscaris --  "Forget Not"