On 20 Aug 2003, Tom Penney wrote:
> Just a question... If you are just starting out why are you running such
> an old distribution? Redhat 9.0 is current and its free and it installs
> ssh with keys in place and everything by default.

 Oh, I can think of a few reasons.  Compatibility with ancient legacy
and/or binary-only software, support contract requirements, or just the
ability to laugh off any lawsuit threats from SCO (6.2 shipped with a
2.2.14 kernel, and the latest update brings it up to 2.2.24).  The last
one seems like the most fun, although 7.0 used a 2.2 kernel, too.

> I won't be at the beer meeting friday but I'm sure someone could get a
> copy to you there. If not I could burn one and send it to you.

 I probably have a couple copies in my car.

> Wasn't 6.2 released last millennium?

 As long as you consider 2001 to be the start of the current millennium,
yes.  It appears that RedHat 6.2 was released on March 27, 2000.

     Jima