On Mon, 18 Aug 2003 15:06:46 -0500 Shawn <sfertch at real-time.com> wrote:
> Bah!  Compiling from source is nothing on Open Office...
>
> Get the source, install from source, feel the exposure to source, gain
> experience!  =)
>
> It's not hard to install from source at all.
> Follow the prompts.  Simple enough.  I haven't installed it in a
> while, but it's definately not hard.  =)

It would likely be hard for a Windows user who thinks "tar.gz" files
are a new experience!  I must be in the minority around here, but I know
there's no way in hell I could compile OpenOffice.org on my system.
Even if I did free up enough disk space, it would take me a couple days
to finish all the compiling...  Plus, "make install" makes me
cringe...unmanaged files outside of my home directory?!?  Eek!  Hope
their "make uninstall" is reliable!

--
Ryan Hayle <hackel at walkingfish.com>