On Thursday 24 April 2003 10:49 am, colin schaub wrote:
> when you start up the Apple X11 app, configure X11 to allow client
> connections by typing into the xterm window...
>
> xhost +1.1.1.1
>
> use the correct IP of the red hat box though
>
> as an aside, when i run java apps on my olde tyme linux box through X11
> into my ibook, it's faster then running them entirely on the ibook. funny.
>
> colin.

This will work, but keep in mind this is REALLY insecure..  better to use ssh.
Open a terminal, and try the following:

OSX% ssh -X redhat.host.name
RH$ echo $DISPALY

If you get something like ":10.0" then you are in business...  its tunneled
via ssh and you dont need to mess with xhost.

Jay

--
Jay Kline
http://www.slushpupie.com