I'd be a little leery of formatting your /home partition as NTFS.  There
are few reasons:

	- you lose the ability to change Unix-style file permissions
	- support for writing to NTFS is still considered "experimental"
	- the permissions for all files on the partition are set to 744
	- the owner for all files on the partition is the owner of the
device (usually root)

What I've done on my dual boot box (it's named eridor) is mount my
windows partitions in the /mnt tree and then made soft links to those
spots in the partition I want easy access to.  For example, first I add
the appropriate mount points to the /mnt tree:

eridor$ mkdir /mnt/ntfs_c
eridor$ mkdir /mnt/vfat_d

I would then add the following lines to my /etc/fstab to auto-magically
mount the NTFS and VFAT partitions:

/dev/hda1	/mnt/ntfs_c		ntfs	noauto, ro	0 0
/dev/hda2	/mnt/vfat_d		vfat	noauto	0 0

The reason I put the "noauto" options in is for security reasons.  As
mentioned above, you lose Unix-style file permissions on DOS-like
partitions.  If your box isn't connected to the Internet all the time
then it's probably fine to use "default".

If you use "default" then the partition will be mounted when you boot
the machine.  With "noauto" you'll need to mount the partition manually:

eridor$ mount /mnt/ntfs_c

If you're really paranoid, add the "user=" option.  That allows only the
named user to mount the partition.  For example, adding "user=bmaas"
would allow only myself to mount the drive.

I also added "ro" to the NTFS partition.  I myself haven't had any data
corruption issues with writing to NTFS, but I still set them "ro" for
safety's sake.  If you really need to mount partition read/write mount
it with the "-w" option:

eridor$ mount -w /mnt/ntfs_c

Then, (assuming my MP3s are in d:\stuff\mp3s) if I wanted to make it
look like my MP3s were in my Linux home I would do the following:

eridor$ mount /mnt/vfat_d
eridor$ ln -s /mnt/vfat_d/stuff/mp3s ~

Then if I want to play an MP3:

eridor$ foo ~/mp3s/soundtrack/SW4/Imperial_March.mp3

You can do the same thing with the games you mentioned.  The only
suggestion I would make would be to try to get the game to do all its
writing to a normal Linux partition (ext2, ext3, reiserfs, etc.).

Hope this all helped.

Ben Maas - Open Technology Systems, LLC
eMail: bmaas at open-techsys.com
Cell:  612.743.3674