I have my box set up as follows:

_drive 1_
 >ntfs: Main windows partition
 >ext3: /boot
 >ext3: /
 >swap

_drive 2_
 >fat32 (40 gigs): all my personal files that I want to share between
linux and windows.  I have folders for music, pictures, documents, etc.
  I just mount the drive to /mnt/hdb1 and sym link the parent folder to
a folder in my /home/justin directory.  In winxp, I just redirect my "My
Documents" folder to my f: drive(the fat32 drive).

I would imagine that setting up flightgear similarly wouldn't be hard.
In linux, you could probably mount the fat drive in /mnt/ and then sym
link the flightgear folders to the folders that contain the binaries
(this would probably work similarly for windows).

hope this helps

cheers
justin