> Nobody develops for linux (commercially), becaues it is a nightmare!  At
> least on windows, you have a standard development base to build from.
So, IBM (db2 & MQSeries, etc.), Oracle and many others, aren't developing
on Linux?  Try again.

<soapbox>
The article does have a point though.  If you go through sourceforge, 95%
of the projects are vapor ware.  A few have a good start, but are now
stagment.  Many more are developed and advertize as Mature, but it doesn't
take long to find a feature or option that errors.  And there are a few
good products.

Case in point.  I tried phpgroupware.  Just reading mail gives an error
from imap.  This problem was already opened before Christmas, and last I
checked is still open.

Instead of 400 different groupware projects, each with a 1 person
development team (who is despratly looking for a programmer), maybe there
should be an effort to create a few good products.
</soapbox>