On Wed, 2003-04-09 at 10:36, Michael Vieths wrote:
> shell.visi.com is running SunOS, not Linux or BSD.  So it depends on how
> vital the Linux/BSD requirement is.  For $10.95/month, I'm getting pop
> email, a shell account, news, and 5mb of web space.  This is with 'Visi
> Lite', which has info here:
> http://home.visi.com/services/dialup/lite.html.
>
> This also includes spam filtering through Postini, which has been pretty
> effective so far.  Extra disk space is a one-time charge of $2/megabyte.
> Their customer service is fantastic, and I've yet to see any downtime on
> their end.

I'm actually with Visi right now.  I've been with them for years, and
their customer service and reliability are indeed great, but I can't
handle the 5M storage limit when I can get 150 from Pair.  I just
thought I'd see if people knew of other alternatives.

I personally hate Postini's service.  Visi enabled it without warning,
and it has a very high faulty-positive hit rate, so I often loose mails
since I'm too lazy to use their web interface..  I like SpamAssassin
since I can control it myself.

Thanks again!

--
Ryan Hayle <hackel at walkingfish.com>