Huh?  All I meant is something like "angelic acts" of donation, not
"ownership" or whatever you mean.  "Sponsor" normally just means that a
corporate entity donates money and gets name recognition plus a little
favoritism, no more (cf Webster's).

Most corporations either cannot or will not give money or accept risks with
a non-entity as many people seem to want TCLUG to remain.  Random donations
may occur, but (for example) getting insurance for public events is hard and
finding companies to donate for those payments  is harder.  A minor accident
at an Installfest could become a significant liability incident.  As is,
TCLUG can't handle money without getting in trouble - if caught.  Remaining
"just a mailing list" is the easy way out.

I'm not trying to be negative or critical overall or I wouldn't be here.  By
making some short and sharp comments, we have a good view of where opinions
really lie... much like giving a transient stimulus to an electronic
network, and that is a way to see the characteristics or its transfer
function.  Maybe everyone else knew all this, but we don't have a FAQ to
explain whether we are going..   Developing a mission or basic definition of
an organization won't be easy if it's put to general vote.  Perhaps that
means you and/or Realtime are the defacto responsible parties for now.
Whatever..

Regards,

Chuck