"Matthew S. Hallacy" wrote:

> Preface:
>
> Hi, you hijacked a thread. Usually this happens because you didn't take
> the time to click on 'new message' in your email client, but instead
> clicked on 'reply' then deleted the subject, and added your own.

Sorry about that.

> In the future please use the 'new message' button instead of replying to another
> message.

Will do.

> On Mon, Sep 09, 2002 at 09:36:22PM -0500, Jon V. Reuter wrote:
> > I'm looking for a specific switch -- a Linksys EZXS88R.
> > It's an 8 port 10/100 rack mount switch.  I've got two
> > of these that have worked well for me.  I wanted to get
> > another one but Linksys no longer makes them.  If any
> > of you happen to have one that you would be willing to
> > sell, please contact me off the list.
>
> http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00004Z8BJ/103-5465203-9213426 $139.94
>
> http://www.outpost.com/product/2530901/ $119
>
> http://www.globalmart.com/page/e/ing_ezxs88r.htm $129.42
>
> etc.  results are courtesy of www.google.com.

Thanks for checking, but I guess I should have
mentioned I did a Google search also.  I contacted
all of these places (and a few more) only to find
that they don't stock them anymore.  Amazon had
a used one for $300, but that's a bit pricey since
they sold for about $130 new.  I also checked eBay
with no luck.

BTW, the reason I like these particular switches
(aside from functioning well) is that the switch
ports are spread out across the unit with status
lights beside each port.  This leaves ample room
for putting a label beside each port.  I know this
is probably being picky but I find this feature
rather handy.

Thanks,

Jon Reuter