On Wed, Oct 09, 2002 at 08:26:11AM -0500, Liz Burke-Scovill wrote:
> Anyone have any other good ideas for a webmail system? I was originally
> looking for something that I could eventually customize for the girls into
> something really fun for them - and squirrelmail was the only suggestion
> I'd been given at the time.

NeoMail - http://neomail.sourceforge.net/

Development is currently suspended, but the author is encouraging
people to fork it and let him know so he can maintain a list.  I don't
recall what the exact status is of forks - I've been pleased with
version 1.25 (most recent release).

His company has a new intellectual property clause as of 1/1/02 that
could be interpreted to mean said company owns this private code.  He
doesn't want to fight it at this time, and doesn't want to maybe have
to deal with it later, so he's not updating until such time as they
change the policy, or he leaves (neither of which is currently a high
probability?).

--
Scott Raun
sraun at fireopal.org