On Wed, Oct 02, 2002 at 08:18:43PM -0500, rpgoldman at real-time.com wrote:
> Florin Iucha writes:
>  > On Wed, Oct 02, 2002 at 01:46:52PM -0500, rpgoldman at real-time.com wrote:
>  > > Florin Iucha writes:
>  > > So by this you mean having some application that traps the contents of
>  > > the real player window and somehow saves it as (for example) mpeg?
>  >                   ^^^^^^
>  >                   stream
>  > > Anyone know of such an application?  vsound does (a more sophisticated
>  > > version of) this for sound alone, but these MIT lectures are real
>  > > video.
>  >
>  > The BFI solution would be to record all the UDP traffic and replay it
>  > later. It would be interesting to do as a hacking project.
>
> I'm not sure that the BFI solution would actually work.  To make it
> work, the transaction protocol would have to be stateless enough that
> the real player's interaction with the far end of the stream wouldn't
> matter.  Not very likely, IMHO.

It is UDP and it is steteless. Otherwise their servers would not
scale.

The only problem might be if there is a timestamp in the (most likely)
encripted packed. But that could be solved by coding a library that
would be preloaded for the RealPlayer client and it would serve it with
the bogus time.

florin

--

"If it's not broken, let's fix it till it is."

41A9 2BDE 8E11 F1C5 87A6  03EE 34B3 E075 3B90 DFE4