What a fine Tue, May 28, 2002 at 10:57:54AM -0500 it was when Ben Lutgens said:
> If you have a faster pentium class machine (like in the GHz range) with
> pleanty of RAM (512MB or so) it would actually be faster to do all this in
> vmware. It's cheaper than another PC and will do damn near anything a
> normal box will do.

I have a p3-650 lappy with 256MB of RAM, and that is (by FAR) my most
equipt box.  My p150 was free, so it doesn't get any cheaper that that. ;)
I've got LFS installing on a different drive than the host OS too, so I
didn't need to change any partitions or anything on the original drive, and
either one (or both) could be put in different machines later...

I'm already most of the way through LFS, but I may consider this for future
reference, since I've been thinking of trying out other distros to see what
they are all about for myself.  Even though I've already used three, I
don't really count the first two since I didn't know what I was doing, and
undoubtedly got frustrated with them because my ignorance and I had messed
something up.  ;)

Lorry