On Tue, May 28, 2002 at 10:18:15AM -0500, Lorry wrote:
>My LFS box is a p150 with 64 megs of RAM.  Yeah, I'm still installing
>stuff, but patience is a virtue. :)  I don't think it's a big deal that it
>is taking so long, since I can irc, watch tv, make dinner, or whatever
>while it is compiling something.  As for your question, I don't know
>anything about that.  But if you can't do it, at least know there's someone
>doing this with a slower box than you.

If you have a faster pentium class machine (like in the GHz range) with
pleanty of RAM (512MB or so) it would actually be faster to do all this in
vmware. It's cheaper than another PC and will do damn near anything a
normal box will do.

If you're just doing LFS for the gits and shiggles of it or for the
learning experience I recommend vmware. I wouldn't recommend LFS for
production systems as they can be over complex to maintain. Not having a
packaging system is a major concern here since there's no clear cut way of
managing your software (yes I know there are tools to facilitate this)