Thanks for the info!! Wouldn't you know, I'm in need of such a deal at
this moment in time....

On Tue, 7 May 2002, Karl Bongers wrote:

> So what operating system do you think they run on these?
> I know some of them have run OS/2.  Ever see crashed
> out money machines?

I once saw an ATM that was stuck in a reboot cycle.  It would boot of of
A:, "Starting MS-DOS" appeared, then it'd crash and reboot itself.  I
watched it for 5 or 6 cycles out of amusement.

So, apparently ATMs are x86 clones running DOS (at least the text based
ones).  I wonder why they don't use linux?  Lighter, cheaper, more secure,
flexible, the benefits go on.  Makes ya wonder....

-Brian