Hey Everyone,

In the first three issues of the embedded linux journal,
there are some good articles by Bruce Perons on
how to make a single floppy disk system like Tom's root
boot disk.  It's a step by step tutorial which takes
an hour or two to get through but is very useful for
learning what makes a Linux box tick.

http://embedded.linuxjournal.com/toc/

Karl.

In Wisconsin the money Banking machines are called
Tyme machines.  When I first moved to the Twin Cities
(about 15 years ago) I asked someone on the street where
a Tyme machine was, and they looked at me like I was
nutz.  I now call them money or bank machines.  I
suppose I should call it a Kiosk if I wanted to be posh.
So what operating system do you think they run on these?
I know some of them have run OS/2.  Ever see crashed
out money machines?  Ever accidentally hit the "spanish"
menu?  Ever wonder about those "fly by wire" planes?