On Sat, May 04, 2002 at 08:30:06AM -0500, destr0 wrote:
> I bought a Toshiba satellite 2805 - S503 wich runs great, the only problem
> I've had with it is that the cdrom drive stopped readding media reliably.
> It doesn't like to read burnt cd's.  It just started happening out of the
> blue like 4 months after I bought it.  You can hear it spin up and down
> reapetdly all the time.  The next time I buy it will probably be a Dell
> Inspirion <= 8100

There are different types of CDR media.  Some drives are unable to read
certain types of media, so you may have better luck if you use a
different CDR media.  For more info, see http://www.cdrfaq.org/.

--
Joel Schneider              Jazz - jazz88fm.com
joel at joelschneider.net      ISEE - www.i-see.org