On Sat, May 04, 2002 at 08:30:06AM -0500, destr0 wrote:

>I bought a Toshiba satellite 2805 - S503 wich runs great, the only problem
>I've had with it is that the cdrom drive stopped readding media reliably.
>It doesn't like to read burnt cd's.  It just started happening out of the
>blue like 4 months after I bought it.  You can hear it spin up and down
>reapetdly all the time.  The next time I buy it will probably be a Dell
>Inspirion <= 8100

I've had good luck with fujitsu, IBM, and dell laptops. I'd advise you to
stay away from sony laptops, they do wierd stuff with thier BIOSes and rely
very heavily on software that is largely windows only.

--
Ben Lutgens				 | http://people.sistina.com/~blutgens/
System Administrator	 | http://www.sistina.com/

"If you love something set it free, if it doesn't come back to you
hunt it down and set it on fire" -- George Carlin