> >Even with the Bynari solution (which was the closest thing I've found
> >yet), there were a couple of things that Exchange does that
> we needed
> >and we can't find outside of Exchange.
>
> Like what?

I tried it awhile back, and it sucked.  It crashed repeatedly.  You can only
get your mail via imap also, it doesn't use that funky MS protocol.  Which
is good in theory, but the funky MS protocol will send new mail down to the
client immediately, you don't have to check every 5 minutes for your mail.
It doesn't support creation of server side rules either.

> >> Are their any email servers for Linux that emulate
> Microsoft exchange
> >> server?  What I'm after is a server that will allow groups to use
> >outlook
> >> functions such as the calendar, tasks, etc...

Samsung OpenMail.  I don't know if it's out yet though.  They bought it from
HP, and were making improvements before re-releasing it.

Jay