On Tuesday 25 June 2002 11:15, Austad, Jay wrote:

> Samsung OpenMail.  I don't know if it's out yet though.  They bought it
> from HP, and were making improvements before re-releasing it.
>
> Jay

I have a demo disk somewhere on my desk.  Not sure as to the limitations, but
I think they will send you a copy if you ask.  From my little bit of reading
about and considering OpenMail, if they kept most of the features, it would
be a competent replacement for Exchange Server.  Nice set of command line
tools to work on individual mailboxes rather than the glob database that
Exchange uses.  I should set up the demo and do a comparison.

I know OpenMail had a "free" license for Linux installs that allowed up to 50
licenses for free (annually renewed).  I don't seem to see a similar offering
for Samsung Contact.

If you are after "full" support for a closed client with a proprietary
protocol, I would say that would be asking a bit much.

Plus Samsung Contact is just another proprietary set of tools that would seem
to be tied to a commercial entity that could up and die tomorrow.

Kelly Black
KB0GBJ