On Thu, 6 Jun 2002, Joel Schneider wrote:

> 2. What document processing program would you recommend for me if I
> absolutely need to be able to easily access all of the documents 10 or
> 15 years from now?

I would think that .HTML is a good bet, as it is a very open standard and
so one should not have to worry about the vendor going away in 10-15 years

> 3. Why not store the documents in rich text format instead of using
> Word's proprietary .doc format?  If my understanding is correct, at
> least RTF is a published (non-secret) file format.

RTF is still (c) microsoft iirc, and at its best when MS was still using
RTF it was a ery moiving target, RTF that came in WordPad was not
compatable with RTF that came in word 97 or MS Write of Windows 3.1 infamy

 -munir