On Thu, Jun 06, 2002 at 07:18:07AM -0500, Munir Nassar wrote:
> On Thu, 6 Jun 2002, Joel Schneider wrote:
>
> > 2. What document processing program would you recommend for me if I
> > absolutely need to be able to easily access all of the documents 10 or
> > 15 years from now?
>
> I would think that .HTML is a good bet, as it is a very open standard and
> so one should not have to worry about the vendor going away in 10-15 years

You are missing the point. HTML is unadequate for documents. It is good
to stuff some screen with text over the web but try to print the same
page from 10 different browsers and you will get 10 different outputs.

AFAIK Framemaker uses SGML which is an open standard. I do not know if
Framemaker stylesheets are available or hidden in the binary but having
the contents, it's not impossible to create good stylesheets.

florin

--

"If it's not broken, let's fix it till it is."

41A9 2BDE 8E11 F1C5 87A6  03EE 34B3 E075 3B90 DFE4