On Wed, Jun 05, 2002 at 07:58:48PM -0500, steve ulrich wrote:
> all of the documents are placed into a reposity which uses an oracle
> back end for handling the meta data associated with a given document
> as well as providing really nice ACLs for controlling who can get
> access to the document and such.  it's really slick.

Sounds great.

Questions for you:

1. Which versions of Word does your system support?  (e.g. Word XP, Word
2000, Word 97, Word 7, Word 6, Word for Windows 2.0, Word 5.5, ...)

2. What document processing program would you recommend for me if I
absolutely need to be able to easily access all of the documents 10 or
15 years from now?

3. Why not store the documents in rich text format instead of using
Word's proprietary .doc format?  If my understanding is correct, at
least RTF is a published (non-secret) file format.

4. What program would you recommend for me if my work is going to be
published (professionally) as a book?  Are books that were formatted
using MS Word being published these days?

--
Joel Schneider              Jazz - jazz88fm.com
joel at joelschneider.net      ISEE - www.i-see.org