On Sun, Jun 02, 2002 at 10:21:38PM -0500, Ben Lutgens wrote:
> On Sun, Jun 02, 2002 at 08:52:50PM -0500, Jon Schewe wrote:
> >Is anyone using LVM in a production or semi-production system?  The
> >reason I'm asking is I'm still looking for a good boot disk solution
> >that can access LVM volumes and thought these people might have found
> >something to fill this need.
>
> I use it on our mailserver, two production fileservers and our webserver. I
> don't put my root filesystem on LVM so I don't worry too much about
> bootdisks.

I don't intend to put my root filesystem there either, but I want to put /var
and /usr on it.  Plus it'd be really nice to be able to fix things on LVM
partitions from a bootdisk.  Good to hear someone's using it in a production
environment too.

> It would be pretty easy to adapt the linuxcare bootable toolbox cd though.
> Make sure the kernel has lvm support and make sure the tools are in the
> ramdisk and you're good to go.

I was afraid I'd have to do that.  The current problem I've had building such
a bootdisk is that lic6 is really big and all of the bootdisks I've seen so
far get around this by removing runctions from libc6 and then the LVM tools
don't work.

--
Jon Schewe | http://mtu.net/~jpschewe