On Sun, Jun 02, 2002 at 08:52:50PM -0500, Jon Schewe wrote:
>Is anyone using LVM in a production or semi-production system?  The
>reason I'm asking is I'm still looking for a good boot disk solution
>that can access LVM volumes and thought these people might have found
>something to fill this need.

I use it on our mailserver, two production fileservers and our webserver. I
don't put my root filesystem on LVM so I don't worry too much about
bootdisks.

It would be pretty easy to adapt the linuxcare bootable toolbox cd though.
Make sure the kernel has lvm support and make sure the tools are in the
ramdisk and you're good to go.

--
Ben Lutgens				 | http://people.sistina.com/~blutgens/
System Administrator	 | http://www.sistina.com/

"I got a wife and kids too but you don't see me out here stealing Imperial
Droids now do ya?"